The Yellow Sub Sandwich is the official podcast to accompany and celebrate the 50th anniversary cinema re-release of the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine movie.
Presented by music and movies expert Edith Bowman and movie critic Robbie Collin, this is a podcast with a difference; it comes in two parts: “before” and “after” - a bit to listen to before you see the movie and a bit for after.
With great stories about the making of the movie and fresh insight into what makes it so iconic and influential, The Yellow Sub Sandwich features all you need to know about the movie and why you should go and see it, where it was intended to be experienced, back on the big screen.
Edith and Robbie are joined in the studio by one of the original animators of the movie Malcolm Draper and Beatles music expert Ed Potton, and the podcast also features new interviews with:
- Chris Shepherd - award-winning Liverpudlian animator
- Edgar Wright – movie director (Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World’s End, Baby Driver)
- Josh Weinstein – Show Runner of the Simpsons and Futurama
- Peter Lord – co founder of Aardman Animation (Chicken Run, Flushed Away, Arthur Christmas, The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!)
- Sam Carter – the frontman of leading metal band, Architects
The podcast also features archive audio of:
David Livesey – animator on Yellow Submarine
Paul Angelis – actor and the voice of Ringo and the Chief Blue Meanie